EACH DONOR RECEIVES A FREE PAIR OF CONCERT TICKETS, PIZZA & A T-SHIRT!
SCHEDULE ONLINE WWW.REDCROSSBLOOD.ORG ENTER SPONSOR CODE: KNITTING - OR CALL DEBI AT 208-484-0138 FOR AN APPOINTMENT!
FACTS ABOUT BLOOD DONATIONS
· Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
· Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
· In Idaho, we need to collect 250 pints every day for those in need.
· The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
· The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
· The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
· More than 1.68 million people are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in 2016. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
· A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.